Sunel prides itself on continually improving its process while insuring constant and sustained processed leaf quality. Our value is certified by ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004 which means the leaf that passes through our processing facility will meet your specifications. Social Responsibility Policy: We will strive to preserve and enrich the nature in all our business areas, to protect and maintain employeesoccupational health and safety, condemn child labor as well as to establish a competition about environmental protection and to be an exemplary company in respect to environmental protection.
1. Our strategy shall be ‘Sustained Development’ in order to make the Social Responsibility policy set out by our top management firmly established to adapt to ever changing ( socio-economic) conditions and to renew ourselves.
2. When determining our resource requirements, we shall treat the resources needed for the implementation of our Social Responsibility Policy as a separate item.
3. We shall adhere to ‘Education Every Where And All The Times’ motto, in order to contribute to the development of individuals and the society and to the planning of the future.
4. We shall adhere to all applicable laws and regulations in the countries in which we operate.
Integrated Crop Management:
1. We shall support the development of high yield, durable and non-GMO seeds that produce high quality crops and keep our clients posted about the developments in this field and promote use of such seeds.
2. We shall support farmers who experience problems in producing high-strain and healthy crops with suitable rotation programs.
3. We shall initiate surveillance and training programs for farmers to make sure that in the fight against diseases and insects, firstly cultural measures are taken, then natural cures are applied and certified CPA’s are used as last resort. We shall provide well-planned training courses to propogate theoretical and practical information on the preparation, storage and use of CPA’s.
4. We shall continue our studies to find suitable methods of collecting CPA residues.
5. We shall plan training programs in the field of ‘residue management’ in plants and finished products for our employees and farmers.
6. With a view to protect natural environment in the tobacco growing areas, we shall provide agronomic support for prevention of soil, water and air pollution. We shall also support tree-planting campaigns to fight loss of productive soil due to erosion and try to instill soil erosion awareness in farmers.
7. We shall employ field visits, brochures, video shows and meetings to educate our farmers.
8. A system will be established to remove NTRM at source following harvesting; we will develop this system by continuously improving it.
1. We shall ensure that the occupational environment for our workforce in respect of lighting, noise levels, hygiene conditions and ergonomics meets or exceeds national legislation, other related laws and other terms and conditions that our firm is committed to that govern; and we shall also strive to comply with international treaties and their interpretation.
2. We shall add the impact of our new investments to the list of phenomena covered by our surveillance–monitoring programs.
3. We shall comply with legal guidelines governing LPG and naturel gas storage tanks and take all necessary safety measures.
4. We shall fulfill our legal liabilities concerning dust, chimney emissions, vehicle emissions, dangerous wastes, hazardous chemicals and if and when measurements show excess levels, we shall act with to protect natural environment and people.
5. We shall keep our waste management system ever-active separate dangerous wastes and residential-recycling wastes.
6. We shall set targets in reducing consumption of natural resources and follow principles of preservation of natural resources and sustainable use of such resources
7. We shall make necessary physical investments, ensure use of protective personal equipment and duly record work-accidents in order to prevent/reduce work hazards, to ensure health and safety at workplace and to eliminate factors of risk and accident.
8. We shall widen the scope of our fire fighting training programs to cover all our employees.
9. We shall have sufficient numbers of tested-controlled fire extinguishers that cope with various types of fire every where.
10. We shall ensure safe evacuation of our personnel during fires by posting guidance signs on walls and floors..
11. We shall provide regular health checks and in-house clinic service to our employees with a team of qualified medical doctors and nurses.
12. We shall try to make our suppliers and sub-contractors adopt our ‘Social Responsibility Policy’ and to solicit their participation and co-operation
13. We shall reduce risks of accident by installing audio-warning equipment on those vehicles that operate in our plants, such as forklifts.
14. We shall try to minimize involvement of our drivers in traffic accidents by making them receive ‘safe-driving techniques’ courses.
15. We, as Sunel Ticaret Türk A.Ş., will carry systematical studies with the purpose of preventing Non-Tobacco Related Materials (NTRM) that is leading serious troubles, both in field and production line.
1. About the employment of children labor, we will meet the requirements of international conventions such as ILO Convention no: 138 on the Minimum Age for Admission to Employment and Work and ILO Convention no: 182 on the Worst Forms of Child Labor. We will ensure the elimination of employment or working of children and youth under age 18 under any circumstances whatsoever. We will support 8 years mandatory and uninterrupted education starting from age 6 which is currently being applied in our country. We will carry studies to support schools to ensure the children of our farmers continue to necessary education. We will display our best effort to prevent the children from all pesticides and hazardous materials and to avoid them to lift up heavy loads.
2. We shall develop a method of feed-back from farmers whose living standards we determined concerning their expectations.
3. We shall continue to be an equal-opportunity employer and not discriminate our employees on basis of race, language, religious beliefs and sex.
1. The natural balance of the world is being destroyed by an intensive warming process caused by human beings and this is leading the change of climates which is affecting the huge part of the life in the world. We, as Sunel T.T.A.Ş., will develop studies to decrease emission of greenhouse gasses and will continue such studies.
Commitment and implementation:
1. In order to ensure that the above policies are fully implemented and remain contemporary, we shall conduct regular reviews of all activities using fully qualified and resourced staff.
2. A dedicated member of staff who will oversee the process and report progress to the board will head implementation. Issues associated with each main area of activity mentioned above will be led/driven by a suitably qualified manager.